Friday, August 15, 2008

Project PORCHWOOD



I have had an intimate relationship this summer with our front porch. So much so that I feel compelled to commemorate and celebrate my new love with a blog of its own.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...PORCHWOOD.

We're big fans of Dr. Who and it's spinoff Torchwood; damn good happy fun TV time and even fairly decent science fiction at times. I'm not saying this because the new blog is gonna be about TV shows or science fiction any more than this one is, but it won't be about music. I think. Yeah, I'll keep that here. And probably no politics on the newbie.

But I can't say there won't be lots of cat crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice porch. I love white wood houses, they have a great feel to them. Lived in one in NZ. Never understand why they don’t build them here in the UK.

gomonkeygo said...

It's actually aluminum siding cleverly disguised as wood, over actual wood siding. Go figure. If I can ever afford to strip off the siding and restore the original wood siding, I will. But there's also lost of extra insulation under the siding that I'd lose by doing that. At least they used a quality siding that matches the house well. Too many times, because it's cheaper, they use siding that's too wide and ruins the lines/symmetry/feel of a house. That's a pet peeve of mine.