Monday, April 14, 2008

Weird Reasons to Vote for Obama #1



Obama makes mistakes.

And then he admits that he's done so, honestly. No hiding behind obfuscations and lies and distortions of reality.

He says - "Hey, I made a mistake. I'm sorry. Let's talk about it and see what we can all learn from this." Have you ever heard a politician say this before - and on the campaign trail? Where one must be perfect all of the time? I never have.

I like this about Obama because this is also one of my classroom rules - a rule for me, not for my students. If I make a mistake, I admit it. Then I apologize and make amends. Real people screw up and when they do, they take responsibility and do what they can to fix it.

Only liars and fools never make mistakes.

----------------
Now playing: John Coltrane - How Deep Is the Ocean?
via FoxyTunes

No comments: