Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Road Trip?

Anyone wanna join me on a visit to the Creation Museum? Wanna know what it feels like to have centuries of scientific progress thrown out with the bathwater in the name of faith? Wanna feel your very soul shrink within as you witness the evidence of religious nuttery gone mainstream?

Then let's hit the road! I'm more than half serious here, kids. If we can manage four or five willing folk who have the heart to brave the maelstrom of ignorance and fear, then I think we should do it. Whether we travel alone or together, we can meet in Petersburg, KY (is that where they make the Jelly?) and immerse ourselves in the insane for a few hours, test our mettle against the power of Biblical insanity.

8 comments:

RevolutionaryBum said...

=) I'm reading Idiot America right now by Charles P. Pierce, witch opens up with his visit to the opening to the "creation museum" Great read at times I start to think am I the only one that is sane ? (I live in a conservative hell hole at the moment) I'd love to go but I'd probably be asked to leave or worse get arrested !!! Thanks for the sanity.

exilestreet said...

If I wasn't down here in Oz (and isn't it an Australian behind the museum?) I wld sign up for the road trip here and now...
PS Ky Jelly=ROFL!!!
Regards/

Herbal T said...

Would love to take a road trip but now living in the UK it could be costly and the wife might object if I went AWOL in the name of Creationism.

If you do go can we expect a full report with pictures?

gomonkeygo said...

If it happens, there will be pictures. Of me riding a dinosaur just like Jesus did!

Ed said...

I assume they charge an entrance fee, and I'd hate to give them any money. Sounds like it could be both very funny and very depressing.

gomonkeygo said...

Yeah, there's a hefty fee to see the "truth" - isn't there always? It is the one thing that has prevented me from going already. Though if it happens, I intend to be a model of decorum and civility. (In real life I'm so meek and quiet most folks don't even notice me, except for when the handlebar moustaches poke them in the eye). It's more than I know would be given in the reverse, if there were an Atheist Museum of Reality.

exilestreet said...

Hey! I am meek too!
Can I have my inheritance?
Regards/

Memphis said...

You know you dont want me in that place.