Friday, January 30, 2009

A Present Nobody Deserves

I was over at Julian Cope's Head Heritage site just now (I like to see what the truly weird people are up to now and then) and saw this bit. If you don't want to read it yourself, it's about Google-bombing a company called EON that wants to build a new coal plant in the UK. Which is moronic. They and we and you and me and everybody else in the world needs more coal plants now like we need a return of George W. Bush to the White House.

I hates the coal, hates it. So I'm doing what Cope & Co. suggest - making a link to EON that actually goes to the No New Coal site instead. It's prankish, it's snarky, it's geeky but I think it's a valid form of online protest rather than just maliciousness in this case. Feel free to join in, kids.

No comments: